The Highs and Lows

You would’ve thought yesterday was a low because I was visiting my cousin in the hospital, but in fact I took the day for a high because it was the most I’ve been able to do in over a month. This time last month I was in the hospital myself! Now here I was taking a long drive with my mom, walking into the hospital building, and spending time with family. This was huge. Just two weeks ago I couldn’t even walk to the back of my doctor’s office without a wheelchair! 


I was so proud of how much I had moved, and was telling Matt I could see how much progress I’ve made, and maybe it’s a sign of me being able to do more…

But then today, despite getting very good sleep, my stomach felt less than stellar after breakfast. My food just didn’t want to go down, so instead it decided to come up. Apparently that was the path of least resistance (trust me, I tried to resist!). I had a decent lunch but still felt unsettled. I even made dinner for the family, my first foray back into cooking! 


I was so excited to go to the pool with the kids this evening but felt gradually worse and just ended up staying home. Now my ear hurts and my stomach feels tight. So much for the high yesterday. Now I’m back down low. 







Comments

Popular Posts