Recovery Day 2

I had another decent night of sleep, thankfully. I woke up at sunrise to use the bathroom and the doctors came to see me right away to assess my pain. I said I was more sore than usual and the doctor said that’s because they gave me a nerve block in the OR and it’s starting to wear off. What?? Oh well that explains a lot! That’s why I felt like I fell off the back of a truck when I got out of bed. So now I really need to keep on top of my pain meds. In fact she said I should set an alarm for the middle of the night so that I don’t miss a dose.

Then I asked about my chest X-ray and what the results meant. Turns out I have a small pneumothorax, some air outside my lung. So they scheduled another X-ray and put me on oxygen, and scheduled another X-ray. 


After the second X-ray, it looks like it’s still there but it hasn’t gotten larger, so that’s good news. But it means I need to stay in the hospital for one more night for monitoring. I’m ok with that, better to be safe than sorry.  But hopefully tomorrow I can return home safely. 




Comments

Popular Posts