A Little Dip

Some days I can only think of myself and complain about my own woes. But I can’t forget that I have a family and they have needs too. Yesterday was all about my boy. He got braces on and that’s a huge shift for an eleven year old. Now comes the pain and adjustment. 


Today I made the long, long, long trek to Philly for my surgery pre-op appointment. It took almost 3 hours to get there this time, the traffic was horrendous! Here’s William Penn turning his back on us in our time of need.



Some quick bloodwork and an hour ride back home! We took advantage of the hot weather and made our way to the pool. What a refreshing time! I forgot how wonderful it feels to float in a pool. The weightlessness takes away the aches and pains of the body and makes you feel whole again. The cool water takes away the heat and humidity. And the smiles on the kids’ faces washes away the worries of life. 


It was a long day and a hot day, but overall a pretty nice day. Maybe tonight I can venture back to my bed and sleep upstairs. 


Comments

Popular Posts