Amusement and Celebration

Today I met a woman I haven’t seen in about a year, and when I told her I had been busy with breast cancer treatments, she confessed that she too had had breast cancer in 2020! She shared with me her horrible ordeal of a double mastectomy and chemo treatments all during the pandemic. She then asked me how I celebrated everything being over and I confessed that I still have two more infusions, but also that my life kept getting turned upside down with all these other illnesses like gastroparesis and myasthenia gravis, so I haven’t been able to celebrate much of anything. 

But things are turning around. The trip to Washington DC was just the tipping point. This evening we went to the Burlington County Farm Fair. It’s one of my favorite summer activities and we try to go every year. However last year, it fell on the week of my first chemo treatment so I didn’t make it, and that was how my year turned out for me…missing out on lots of things that bring me joy. But not this year. Things are turning around! And we had a blast! We went on more rides this year than ever before! We had so much fun and I couldn’t be happier - so I guess I should’ve told that woman this morning, actually I’m in the midst of celebrating life, each and every day! 






Comments

Popular Posts