Best Not Ventured

I did what I said I would do, I ventured upstairs to sleep in my bed. I was optimistic about it because the air conditioning upstairs put me at ease and I felt comfortable. However, just a few hours later, after I had fallen into a deep sleep, I woke up to my limbs screaming in pain. My muscles were locked in a position and I had to scream through the pain to stretch out of it. Once I recovered and rearranged myself, I fell back to sleep only to wake again, frozen in the same position. I was sweating and drooling all over my pillow. This was my modus operandi for the next few hours. I finally woke at 6am to use the bathroom and came back to bed only to start heaving again. I was exhausted from the lack of sleep, vomiting, and muscle pain that I fell back to sleep. The rest of the day followed suit…I struggled to eat, I struggled to use the bathroom, I struggled to think clearly. 

So tonight, it’s back in the chair, hopeful for a peaceful night’s sleep and no heaving in the morning. One can only hope. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts