Recovery Day 1

I managed to get a few hours of sleep last night, which was such a blessing. I felt refreshed and in less pain, which was an even bigger blessing. 


Today I got my drainage tube removed, which is great news because it means I can be discharged tomorrow. I’m a little nervous to have this hole in my side but I’ll have to manage. It could be way worse. Now I have three holes in my side, two of them are stitched up. 

I also met with the physical therapist today who took me for a walk and encouraged more movement. When I returned to my room, I sat in the chair instead. 


After three solid meals and three walks down the hall, I’m feeling much better than I thought I would. I was so apprehensive before the surgery that I would be in extreme pain because I don’t heal well and after my lumpectomy, I was in so much pain and it took me several weeks to begin to feel better, so I thought this would be a repeat. But so far I’m in far less pain than I thought I would be and have even needed less pain relievers, too. I still need to take it easy, but I’m still so pleased at how far I’ve been able to go thus far. I was even encouraged by the rainbow outside my window!





Comments

Popular Posts