Surgery Day

I began the day before 4 am, and was on the road to Philadelphia by 4:30.  My parents took such good care of me. 

My mindset was so very different this time around. Last time I was weak and sick and scared. This time around I felt stronger and mentally ready to walk into this. And I literally did, I walked right into the operating room and got settled down for the surgery. I was so elated when I woke up, grateful to God that I made it through. The first thing I did was feel my sternum, to see if the surgeon had to cut into me. Thankfully he didn’t, he did just the robotic surgery and now I have the scars to prove it. 


Now comes the difficult part, the recovery. I’m in plenty of pain right now, but I’m praying I can get through it, one moment at a time, with a positive attitude, some gentle painkillers, and time. Thank you for all of your prayers and support, you sustained me. I’m forever grateful. 



Comments

Popular Posts