The Right Side

I was so excited when I was able to roll my recliner back to a laying down position and fall asleep. When I woke up in the middle of the night in the same position, I thought, maybe I should roll over. I tend to sleep like a mummy and not move much. But when I rolled over on to my left side, my stomach started to ache. I started burping and belching. Why didn’t this happen in the other side? Ok, relax. Just fall asleep. Nope. Not happening. I wrestled with my mind and stomach for endless minutes, when finally I couldn’t take it anymore…I started to roll back, but it was too late. The heaving began and before I knew it, I was throwing up in my mouth. I grabbed a vomit bag beside me and for another minute spewed into the bag. And then it was all over. 

Note to self: don’t sleep on your left side. (This will not bode well post surgery because I will need to.) 

Sleeping on your left side is actually beneficial for your digestion. Mine just happens to be a wreck right now. Hence why I’m still on the mend. 

Needless to say, I spent most of the day in my chair, resting, upright. I finally made it upstairs again to do some school work, but that was exhausting. Now I’m back in the chair, ready to sleep - on my right side only!





Comments

Popular Posts