Hospital Stay #2

Most people don’t like staying in the hospital because it’s not a very restful sleep, but all things considered, I slept pretty well despite the wake up calls for vitals. No stomach pains or vomiting through the night which is a blessing. I woke up at the crack of dawn and sat peacefully watching the sun rise. I was grateful to have scratched at the surface of peace, for that one moment, to have put everything out of my mind, no worries, no thoughts of this or that. It was a momentary bliss. 


About an hour later the nurse came in and gave me my morning meds, but I still wasn’t cleared to eat anything, so unfortunately I started to heave from the stomach/hunger pains. After two hours I was finally cleared a full liquid breakfast. When my cream of wheat arrived, I overindulged to my demise. I was so full, it took a long time to relax my stomach again. 

The doctors have determined that I may be suffering from gastroparesis. I explained that I’ve suffered from gastroparesis since December and never had any issues like this, however, if I did somehow contract some kind of gastro virus, then that coupled with gastroparesis can create a much more complicated situation involving vomiting, etc. So ultimately it was the safest thing for me to stay in the hospital and be hydrated and monitored. I’m here for one more night and will return home tomorrow. 

I have declined so much, I feel like I am back to January all over again. I have lost 5-6 lbs this week, and have very little strength and energy. But I am so grateful for this time to heal and rest. I saw how far I was able to go from January, so I need to double down on my recuperation before the surgery date returns. Thank you for your prayers! I still desperately need them!!





Comments

Popular Posts