On the Mend

I spent the WHOLE day in my chair. Yes. I didn’t even open the curtains. I just sat there. I had cream of wheat for breakfast and soup for lunch. I took a nap even. I just didn’t move. I want so badly to speed up this recovery process. Finally this evening I made it outside to get some fresh air. I haven’t been outdoors in weeks, except for the walk to the car to the hospital. I am incredibly weak, my heart rate jumps sky high if I even take 10 steps. It’s horrific. But I have to get better. My surgery is rescheduled for the end of July. The last time I was this weak in January from gastroparesis, it took me months to heal and grow in strength. I’m still at the very beginning of this long, long road, but I have to see it through. I have to get better. 

My aunt came by to see me today and we were talking about life choices. We both agreed that we’re the type of people who like to think things through to avoid making wrong choices. But then I told her, hey look, I tried to make all the best choices in life I could, and look what happened! Sometimes you think you’re making all the best decisions, and well, frankly, things just happen to you. I wouldn’t have dared ask for any of this, not at all. Such is life. 

Comments

Popular Posts