Reminiscing

I had a wonderful dinner last night and was so delighted to snack on some yummy foods again. But then I woke up at 3:30 am feeling unwell and proceeded to vomit up my dinner. So here I am bound to my chair again resting my body and recovering from eating. 

My son said to me this morning he was looking at pictures of us from a time when I could beat him in a race, or when we were traveling together. He said they were good memories. My face dropped. I said we will have those memories again soon (in my mind, I thought, I hope we will). 

So hubby and the kids headed out for the day and I’m here just reminiscing of times we spent together as a family, of our day trips to here and there, making memories, laughing, complaining, eating, running, and playing together. I miss those times and I’m angry and sad that I don’t get to have them right now, that my life is being stunted by this stupid illness and it’s robbing me of making more of these precious memories. I want it all back. 

June 2022 - Round Valley Reservoir



Comments

Popular Posts