Recovery

I took a well-needed shower last night, but it took all my effort. Thankfully my mother acquired a shower chair for me, and that helped me immensely. 

I slept okay in my chair, just a little tummy trouble in the middle of the night, but for the most part I slept. I had a little bit of heaving this morning but I was able to breathe through it. I spent most of the day in my chair, resting and recuperating, on a liquid diet of broth, baby food pouches, and electrolyte drinks. 

In the afternoon I ventured upstairs to do my school work. I sat at my desk for hours and took two quizzes. I finally made it back to my chair in the evening, but the tension in my stomach was so high I started heaving again. 

A friend said to me today, 

I am not going to ask you to be strong that’s just enough ! You just take your time regaining your strength the rest of us will lift you up in prayer. But I will say this - you are amazing I am so fortunate to know you and have you as my friend.

Thank you my friend. I needed to hear that. I’m tired of being strong, I’m tired of this chaos. I just want to feel normal again. I will take the time I need to heal, and I appreciate your prayers to help me along the way! 


Comments

Popular Posts