Two Down! Four to Go!

Today was infusion #2, or as Jenn says, I'm a third of the way done! Woo hoo!  I started with an early day; for some reason I woke up at 5am, yuck! But it gave me the opportunity to write some letters to people I care about so that was an added benefit. (yes, you heard that correctly, I think letter writing is a lost art and should be brought back!)

I got dressed in my port-friendly outfit and had a hearty breakfast. I took my steroid and applied my lidocaine over the port. Then it was the usual business of dragging all of my "luggage" to the office. Bloodwork done. Check. Visit with the oncologist. Check check.  And off to my room for capping. This time I got the sunny window room!

Me and Coco chilling...brrrrr!

Stick 'em up!

Remember to think happy! 

Once I was capped, I got the pre-meds (Benadryl, anti-nausea, Pepcid, anti-diarrhea cocktail).  The Benadryl hit me hard this time around.  I was very tired.  So tired in fact, I fell asleep on one of my guests (thanks for keeping me company Ed!).

It was a much shorter infusion, so I was home by 2pm, had a bowl of delicious pumpkin soup and went right to sleep!  So so tired this time around. I set an alarm so I didn't sleep through dinner time! (The sleeping cap is to protect my fragile hair since I’ve been shedding a lot - crying face emoji!).

Dinner was a delicious bowl of chicken, rice, and spinach soup.  Then we went for a walk.  I didn't notice the heart rate fluctuations that happened last time.  I wonder if it's because I've been working out and trying to get stronger.  Either way, it was a nice experience (except for the heat and humidity, ugh!).

And finally, I ended the night with another workout of weight lifting. Building up my guns to fight this cancer! 

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better day, I even got a rainbow today! I hope the days to come will be just as good if not better.  Fingers crossed! Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers, my heart is strong and open to receive your love and care! 



Comments

Popular Posts