Race Against Time

I’ve been feverishly trying to put my classroom together before my treatment tomorrow. Days and days spent cleaning, arranging, assembling, sorting, filing, labeling, all while fighting that ticking clock telling me to hurry up and go home to my family, telling me to not be a perfectionist and leave well enough alone. I did all that I could do. And yet I still struggle with the “letting go” part, the part that pushes me to do my very best all the time…at the expense of myself. But I’ve been urged, exhorted, pleaded with to put myself first, to heal and get better. I’ve been reminded not to come in, to stay home and rest my body. I hear you my friends, I hear you loud and clear, that time is around the corner. Soon I will park myself on the sofa, relinquishing myself to the rest and acknowledging all the things I can’t or shouldn’t be doing with an semi-accepting heart. 

In the meantime, I present to you, the best I could do with the time I had. Ta da. 



Comments

Popular Posts