Food Fight

I started out the day with some stomach cramps (thankfully I managed to sleep most of the night, but only on my left side). I ate a hearty breakfast with toast and an egg, and later I drank a cold-pressed beet juice. But the stomach pains did not subside. I made a delicious lunch of arroz con habichuelas, at least it looked delicious, but it tasted like nothing. I’m sad that my taste buds have already betrayed me so soon after treatment. 


I was dead tired again, so I took a nap with my trusty sleeping cap, which my mom says reminds her of Little House on the Prairie. I can see the resemblance! 



My family was able to eat a delicious meal from Tacoria (thank you my friend!) while I nibbled on bread again (sad hungry face emoji). Food is a source of deep emotion for me, so not being able to eat and enjoy my food feels like a divorce from myself, so foreign and unhappy. But until I get this reflux under control, food is my enemy right now. I can only work to nourish my body and continue to rest and heal. 








Comments

Popular Posts