Radiation Prep

What an exhausting day! I had to prep for the boy’s birthday tomorrow which meant decorating, gathering food and supplies. 

Then I had my radiation prep simulation appointment. This meant I had to get measured in the position I will get radiation. First I had to try on my stomach, they had to measure and mark my skin, then I got a CT scan and waited patiently while the radiation oncologist reviewed the images. Turns out he wanted me to try the other position on my back, so more measuring, marking, another CT scan, and waiting. 






Finally he agreed on my back was the best position for radiation, so they gave me UV tattoos, and sent me home. I will begin the radiation process in about a week and a half. 


I’m still trying so hard to eat. I stopped taking the erythromycin because I have a gastric emptying study on Monday and we don’t want to impact the results, so even though I’m still struggling with diarrhea and stomach pain, I’m trying so hard to get better. 


Last night I went back to my bed after sleeping in the recliner for weeks and it was a crap night of sleep. At 4am I ordered a wedge pillow to prop myself up and hopefully help with my stomach and breathing. Fingers crossed…so much going on, I’m tired of getting beat down. But tomorrow I will put all of that aside to celebrate my boy! 

Comments

Popular Posts