Dark Humor

When life puts you in a dunk tank, you have to find ways to chuckle when you're feeling waterboarded.  These lovely socks were a gift from Matt for Christmas and they're hilarious, because if there's one thing you want when you're going through cancer, it's a good poop.

But other fun jokes include the time I was applying sunscreen over the summer, because I didn't want to get skin cancer...or when Matt was spraying on sunscreen and I said the spray could give me cancer, and without missing a beat he said "you're immune, it's like double jeopardy, you can't get it twice!" This is the kind of fun we have, and it's important to find ways to laugh because there sure is a lot of sadness in this.

I went to acupuncture again today seeking relief from this stomach pain. It helps a little, but it's not long lasting yet. So I'm still down to one big meal a day, and I'm trying my best to make it a good one. I present ramen, to which I added mustard greens, snow peas, and kimchi. 

Tomorrow I start back to work and to say that I'm nervous about it is an understatement. I'm still very weak and I get worn out quickly on one meal a day. But thankfully it's a half day for me because I have my first infusion of the year tomorrow afternoon.  I will certainly talk to the oncologist about what I've been going through and hope to find some answers to all this pain and suffering.  Wish me all kinds of luck!



Comments

Popular Posts