How Long?

The results of my gastric emptying study came back quickly and they were sobering but not surprising. I should have digested the 8 oz drink more than 90% in four hours. Unfortunately I had 73% of my stomach full after four hours! They calculated that I would digest maybe 50% of my stomach contents in 10 hours! My stomach is not working the way that it should! This is disturbing. 

I spent a couple of hours trying to drink my breakfast, and I was still full six hours later. 


I was supposed to get my infusion but the oncologist was concerned because he couldn’t say for sure that the infusion meds weren’t the cause (although we both agree that it’s very unlikely, I have other suspicions). So he postponed my infusion until next week, after he presents my case, for the third time, to the breast cancer conference they have on Fridays. Instead I got an hour of hydration, which is always appreciated. 


I also spoke to the gastroenterologist and he suggested I try new medication to really try and move my stomach contents in order to get more food and calories in me. 

My friend asked me how my heart is doing…I told her I’ve been asking why a lot lately. Just like David, I wonder if God even hears my pleas right now. 

“How long, Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long am I to feel anxious in my soul, With grief in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death, And my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted in Your faithfulness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has looked after me.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭

Comments

Popular Posts