Gastric Emptying Study

I waited two extra days for my high calorie drinks to be delivered so I ended up with a 400 calorie mango Kung Fu Tea last night to fill the void. I was also wearing my Mrs. Incredible shirt for Lunar New Year, because it’s red and because I was hoping to feel incredible too!


Today I had my gastric emptying study at the hospital. I had to drink a radioactive Ensure beverage and get an x-ray of my stomach every hour for four hours. The point is to determine how slowly/quickly my stomach is digesting. I’ll have the results in a couple of days. 



I am so grateful for my wonderful parents who kept me company the whole time! 


I’m still clinging to the healing process, working on consuming more calories. Thank you my friend for the reminder that even my small steps are helping me make progress! 





Comments

Popular Posts