The Eyes Have It

I took the hour long drive to the eye doctor today. He was impressed with how far I’ve come, but offered no explanation as to why my double vision had corrected other than to say myasthenia gravis is complex and doesn’t show up the same for everyone I guess. Nothing had changed when my vision started to correct at the beginning of July. My medicine was still the same, I hadn’t had the surgery yet, and I hadn’t started the infusions. I just woke up and could start to see better. Who knows. I still wake up with double vision every morning and even when I take naps, it splits again. The doctor found that odd because he said it’s usually the opposite, people usually wake up rested and as their eyes tire throughout the day it gets worse. Leave it to me to be the opposite. But I still have some weakness which is why it crosses, but it’s stronger than it was before. Now I just have to wait to see the neurologist in October and see if I can start to wean off the prednisone. Then I’ll know for sure how my symptoms stack up. In the meantime, I’ll just enjoy my vision while it’s good. 



Comments

Popular Posts