Home Infusion

Today was a first for me. I had my first home infusion for myasthenia gravis. While my symptoms have not flared up too much (I still have double vision every morning), I am receiving treatment to eliminate them altogether and hopefully keep them at bay. I know what you're thinking, isn't that what the surgery was for? Yes and no. The surgery was to remove the thymus, which likely caused the myasthenia, but it wasn't going to cure it. If it would, I may not see results for at least a year according to my neurologist. Therefore I needed to begin another treatment (apart from the prednisone I'm taking on a daily basis). So today I began my first infusion of Vyvgart, a new immunotherapy drug for myasthenia gravis. 




A nurse came to my house, set up my own little IV pole, and hooked into my port. I sat on my sofa in my own house and received my infusion, while petting my cat. So fascinating!  Thankfully everything went  off without a hitch. No adverse reactions, no symptoms of any kind. I went about my day and all is well. I'm so grateful for good things!


Comments

Popular Posts