Glass Half Full-ish

After vomiting four times last night, I decided to get to sleep early. I couldn’t take it anymore. At 9:45 my brain fell into deep sleep and I slept for most of the night, except for a couple of bathroom breaks. It was the least I could ask for in my exhausted state. 

Today I spent 99% of my time in my recliner trying to stave off the nausea and vomiting. So far ok. I managed to take in some applesauce. That’s a huge deal. 

I feel like I'm back where I was in June, figuring out how to eat and not throw up, how to consume enough calories to give me strength, and how to avoid dehydration. It’s like an Olympic sport and I am one tired athlete, but I figure if I press on, I’ll turn a corner at any moment so I need to keep going. 

All of this, and I had a thoracic surgery on Friday. But God is great, I have not needed any pain killers. I couldn’t take them last night because of the vomiting, and yet I managed to sleep well and without pain, so I’m pleasantly surprised that even though I can’t seem to catch a break with these stomach issues, at least I’m recovering well from something so major. Glass half full-ish. 



Comments

Popular Posts