Lucky Day

Today felt like an incredibly lucky day. First of all, we made it to Philadelphia in record time this morning (thank you for driving, Ed!). I got into radiology and had my chest x-rays done quickly. We even had time to stop for coffee before my appointment. 


I was so early for my appointment with the thoracic surgeon, but thankfully they took me in and I managed to see him sooner than expected. He took a look at my scars and felt everything was fine. But the best news of all was the pathology report showed the ALL CLEAR - no cancer! Woo hoo!!  How exciting! It means I don't need to return to see him again, ever, and can move on with my life! The next time I return to Philly will be to meet with the neurologist at some point to discuss the myasthenia. But otherwise, I'm free!



We left the hospital quickly and I made it home again in record time, which is what I needed because I had a job interview, and I think it went amazing! Fingers crossed, I'm hoping I get it. I should hear back from them by next week some time. 

Overall, it felt like a super lucky day for me...I was riding the high all day! To have so many good things happen just felt like a dream. Here's to hoping for more lucky days ahead! 


Comments

Popular Posts