Next Phase

I made it to the end of another week with a lot on my plate. Today I started my next phase of cancer treatment. I took tamoxifen for the first time. Only 3651.5 days to go (yes that’s a pill a day for the next ten years!). Hopefully I can come out of it relatively unscathed, but some of the side effects include hot flashes, joint pain, and weight gain. Fingers crossed I can skip all of those!


I also began a new class this week - chemistry! Yes I know I sound crazy, but I need to take it so I dove in head first….it’s been fun, I must admit. It’s nice to stretch your brain to think about things you wouldn’t normally think about. I begin my other two classes next week! 


So today to unwind, I went out to breakfast with my mom and bought a bunch of pastries from Pie Girl. All is right with the world again. I’m feeling healthy and strong, I can’t ask for more right now. 
















Comments

Popular Posts