Yes She Can, But…

I woke up too early today, still with a headache, and tried to get through the morning. My mom and I had breakfast and then she took me to the supermarket for my first big outing. I figured it had been over a week, I could manage this. Nope. I couldn’t wait to get home. My arm was sore, my breast was sore, my head was aching. I quickly put the groceries away and got my ice pack and heat pack. Back to my chair to rest. As my shirt says, Yes She Can, but should she? Not always. It’s not easy to listen to what our bodies are telling us, especially in this go, go, go society we live in. I encourage you to take a moment to listen to what your body and mind need and take time to rest. It will be hard to push the necessities aside and say no to certain tasks, but without a strong, healthy body, our work and our lives suffer and so do we. 


I was pleasantly surprised later when a friend dropped off some homemade delights, including some kimchee fried rice! It hit the spot. What a lovely treat, thank you!


Tomorrow I finally meet with the breast surgeon to get the dressing removed and see her handiwork. I’m looking forward to moving forward. 




Comments

Popular Posts