Winded

Yesterday I went food shopping with my mom and after 45 minutes I was winded pushing around the cart. I’m preparing to host my family for Christmas, and I know what you’re thinking…how will you do that? Well, slowly I suppose. You see, my cancer journey hasn’t ended, I am still knee deep in it, but life isn’t going to stop for me, therefore I need to keep going too. Of course at my own pace (how this will apply to my work life, I haven’t figured out yet). So while I still struggle with eating and digestion and still need infusions every three weeks, I have to move forward (and maybe pretend like things are normal for a little while). Needless to say, I was wiped and took a nap on the sofa. 


Today I had my yearly skin check at the dermatologist. When I made this appointment a year ago, I had no idea what was headed my way. All the more reason now, however, to keep tabs on my skin, and thankfully I got the all clear. 

I kept trying to eat…something…anything. A tiny bit of soup, a morsel of bread, a bite of this and nibble of that. All in all, I’ve probably eaten the most today of any day in almost two weeks. Still looking for that corner so I can get around it. I also washed my hair today. I’m still washing it in the sink because while my hair is starting to grow back, I lose a lot of hair and don’t want that going down the drain. The washbasin in the kitchen sink is my fancy technique. 









Comments

Popular Posts