A Week Already

I still cannot believe it’s been a week since my surgery. I would love to say that I’m feeling great but I’m just ok. I still have numbness under my arm, my incision area is sore to the touch, and sometimes I feel a sharp pain near my armpit. But the greatest headache, literally, has been wearing a bra 24/7. Any woman reading this knows how refreshing it feels to remove your bra. Even the most comfortable bra is still not pleasant to wear all day long. I have to wear these post-surgical compression bras that give me an all-day headache. My neck and shoulders are tighter than a bodybuilders abs, and I can’t get a massage or chiropractic adjustment because I can’t press against my chest! So it’s hard to do much of anything when my head is throbbing, and I don’t want to rely on pain relievers. In fact, last night was the first night I didn’t take any at bedtime and I’m glad to no longer need them. The best I can do right now is put an ice pack on my boob and a hot pack on my neck!


I also got out of the house today for only my second walk outdoors in a week. I’ve taken my isolation quite seriously, to recuperate from the surgery and also to steer clear of places where I could get sick (the flu is ramping up out there). I took the girl to get a fresh haircut and she looks great.








Comments

Popular Posts