Before and After

Yesterday proved to be quite an uncomfortable day, but today I felt much better. I could finally say I’m turning a corner, and while it’s still painful to the touch and I cannot lift anything of significant weight on that side, I don’t have the same throbbing pain I’ve had for days. 

I cannot believe how the week has gone by; it was only yesterday in my mind I was praying and crying for safety through this surgery. Now here I am five days later like it was a distant memory. 

Time really does fly. This was me, about seven months ago, the day after my 44th birthday. I had no idea what was happening inside of me; I was blissfully unaware. Like a thief in the night, I was violated by cancer and my whole world turned upside down and inside out. Now this is me, after six rounds of chemo and a lumpectomy. I have parts of me now missing, and my mind changed about life in many ways, but my spirit is intact. I do not take this precious life for granted and pray for many, many more days ahead. 


My healing wounds, on the outside. There are wounds on the inside that you don’t see. 



Comments

Popular Posts