Tree of Goodness

When I woke up at 5 am, I was incredibly refreshed. This verse came to mind - 

…Crying may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5)

I was telling my mom yesterday that all of this is not for nothing. My principal told me the other day, God didn’t bring me this far in life and create all of this just to throw it all away, and I agree. Then this morning this verse came to mind - 

“…He has sent me to comfort all those who are sad
and to help the sorrowing people of Jerusalem.
I will give them a crown to replace their ashes, and the oil of gladness to replace their sorrow, and clothes of praise to replace their spirit of sadness.Then they will be called Trees of Goodness, trees planted by the Lord to show his greatness.” (Isaiah 61:2-3)

I want to be a Tree of Goodness. I want everyone to see my sorrow turned to joy and my spirit of sadness turned to praise, to know that there is love and greatness much bigger than us. My heart is overflowing with such gratitude for the cloak of comfort that your prayers have brought me. I felt so terrible when I laid my head on my pillow last night, but I slept through the night, and while I may not feel well again today, the good sleep sustains me and gives me hope. 

Well, I didn’t feel worse, which is a bonus, just weak, sore, and tired. I was back in my spot, resting with Coco. 


I managed to eat a small bowl of mashed potatoes along with lots of fluids like juices and protein drinks. 


I also have some incredible love from these two here, taking care of me, looking out for me. I’m so, so blessed. 


I even got some sweet pet therapy, but no doubt, my shirt tells it all. When you don’t feel well and can’t eat, everything is just meh.


I pray for another peaceful night’s sleep… and more peace around the corner. 



Comments

Popular Posts