Small Wins

Teaching tiny humans is all about small wins. It takes a while to see the changes, but by the end of the school year they’ve grown a little taller, can read and write a lot more, and their personalities are beginning to really shine through. 

Going through cancer is all about small wins, too. If the side effects of the chemo are lessening, small win. If I can sleep through the night without any bathroom breaks, small win.  If my skin isn’t breaking out, small win. Next week I might find out if the tumor is shrinking. But for now, small wins are a big plus. 

So while the tiny humans are able to sit a little longer and listen a little better than three days ago, my favorite small win of the night was eating my first solid meal in over a week! I couldn’t be happier!



Comments

Popular Posts