Glass Half Full

I could sit and complain about the stomach cramps, or the loss of taste and appetite and extreme hunger and weakness. I could describe the utterly exhausting fatigue with flu-like symptoms or the muscle soreness that leaves me feeling cramped in a box.  The hair loss, the changed relationships, the constant worry about the future. But I’m the optimist…so let’s talk glass half full. 

I have not had any nausea or vomiting!

I have not had any bone pain from the Neulasta shot!

My blood counts have remained very good for everything my body is going through!

I have not been overeating (I couldn’t even if I wanted to)! 

I have been more forgiving of myself (Elsa says let it go)!

I have been more connected with friends and family!

I have had more time to read and finish some books!

And I have had more time to write!

Through writing I have been self-reflective and taken time to better understand this journey. Sure, I’m angry sometimes, and sad of course, and definitely frustrated. But I’m also happy and full of life. This is what I want, to live!

So even though I spent the past two days on the sofa recovering, wishing this garbage feeling would pass already, I want to feel the sunshine. It’s coming, I know it is. 



Comments

Popular Posts