Post-Infusion #4

I didn’t think it would hit this hard. They said it was cumulative and would get worse. It did. I woke up this morning before the crack of dawn. I was refreshed from getting to bed early, but when I got up, my muscles were already cramping and sore, from my jaw to my arms and my legs. I could tell my mouth wasn’t going to taste anything, and my stomach was sore and aching. I made a quick banana chocolate protein smoothie. That was breakfast. I even went for a walk with my parents. But my body was starting to feel tired again. I rested on the sofa and thought maybe I could try solid food for lunch, but to no avail. The sushi I’d been binging on the past week was a fail. Some simple miso soup was all I could muster eating. 

I took a crash nap on the sofa, such a deep, heavy sleep. I woke up just in time for my daughter’s arrival from school. She agreed to accompany me on my trip to the doctor for my Neulasta shot. Afterwards I treated her to bubble tea. That was my second walk of the day. And I’m exhausted. I’m on the sofa again and I can barely move and barely keep my eyes open. Can I make dinner for the family? Not sure. I want to in my mind, but my body can’t seem to follow suit. 

So I’m just sitting here for now, with Coco, praying for some peace from the aches, hoping that if this pain comes on earlier, then maybe it’ll go away earlier. Just praying. 


My love of food and a return to my meditation gave me the stamina to cook a meal for the family. I can’t eat but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t…I present buffet-style Qdoba-inspired cilantro lime rice, adobo chicken, tofu, and green peppers. Bon appétit! 









Comments

Popular Posts