Miraculous Feelings

I think everyone felt badly for me that I was resorting to McDonald’s! Everyone except Matt of course (crying laughing emoji). It was definitely not worth the effort so yesterday I had resolved myself to just stick to the liquid diet. My insides were definitely troubled (much like my taste buds) and not bouncing back as quickly, making it harder to even want to drink anything. But I pressed on because the last thing I needed was dehydration and malnutrition. I took one more day at home before returning to work, hoping to rest and heal a little more. 

I used the time to practice piano, dehydrate apples, and spend time with my aunt. 



My visit with Dr. Lee, my oncologist, went very well. He was definitely concerned with my weight loss (7 pounds in a week!) but my blood counts were looking great, no issues with the white or red cells, so that’s always a good sign. I told him I’d make up for it once I could eat again and put the weight right back on!

Today I returned to work and had a miraculous feeling all day. I only had a smoothie for breakfast, a fresh juice for lunch, and a protein drink after lunch, and I was full of energy, felt no hunger, no pain, no fatigue. I’m not sure how that works but somehow the week of rest stores it up and helps me bounce back in ways I’ll never understand. 

I was determined to make a meal I could taste so I pulled a recipe from this beautiful book, The Living Kitchen, a must for someone like me who loves to cook and loves to eat.

Let’s just say I ate 3 small bowls of the Saag Coconut Chicken! I hope it’s a sign of good things to come. 





Comments

Popular Posts