The MRI

In order to see more of what's going on inside, I needed to get an MRI.  Anyone who knows me well also knows that I have a history of fainting, usually around a medical something, so this was going to be a challenge for me.  

First I got into my MRI attire, gown and paper shorts 


Then I received my IV (ok, no fainting yet, phew!).  I was moved into the MRI machine, on my belly with my breasts hanging through these holes. I had to keep my arms in front of me in a superman position!  Cue the Disney music and let the magnetic racket begin.  When the noise stopped, I was so excited, I thought I was done.  Cue the contrast, round two!  I had a long pep talk with myself about how I shouldn't give up, how people were counting on me to get this done, how if I moved I would have to start all over again and that would suck.  Finally he announced, almost done, two more minutes!  I hung on, no fainting, no moving for 30 minutes - success!!  I did it!  I didn't know for sure if I could do it, but I did!  This was scary for me!  The biopsy was scary for me!  But I have been victorious as my name means - a laurel for victory! 




 

Comments

Popular Posts