Take a deep breath

Today was my CT scan.  I could tell that many were lifting me up in prayer because I was calmer than I thought I would have been.  The only trouble I had was the upset tummy...I mean, really, who can drink four cups of liquid in two hours?!


Matt says it's because I'm not a heavy drinker.  He makes me laugh.  It tasted like a melted berry popsicle, but now my tummy is rumbling like it's gonna start a fight with someone!

I got to keep my clothes and shoes on, so I felt kind of normal.  The contrast was very strange.  It makes you feel hot inside but then it subsides.  The machine slides you in and out like cookies on a tray in the oven.   

Then the machine tells you "please take a deep breath and hold" like it knew that I've been forgetting to breathe lately.  I have been forgetting to breathe.  I have been crying but not breathing.  But the breath is cleansing and refreshing, which is what my soul needs right now.

We went to the library yesterday and this book jumped off the shelf into my arms. 


So while we wait for the results, here is our daily reminder - don't forget to breathe.  And don't worry. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts