New Year, New beginnings

The new year was one of huge transition. We moved January 15th from our apartment of over four years - our first home as a married couple! The two of us moved all by ourselves in about 9 hours! Needless to say, I was so sore the next few days! We made one trip to our new home and one trip to our storage unit. I know what you're thinking - storage is such a waste of money. Well, we agree. But when you see our new place, you'll understand why...

Our new home.
And the other new home.
We have the remarkable privilege of house-sitting - rent free! I kid you not. We were overwhelmed by this blessing. We couldn't believe it could happen to us, but by God's grace, we are living in the guest house of a very lovely family. We have a lot of responsibility taking care of the house and the animals. Allow me to introduce you to the clan:

the dog
and the birds.

This is the backyard.
After the move - I hadn't taken pictures of the place in order yet. I was anxious to start snapping away. Meow-meow got acclimated quickly, thankfully. Here's the grand tour: the living room, the bedroom and the office.


...and the kitchen
...and the bathroom.
It's the fabulous European living I've always wanted. I am really enjoying our studio apartment, although my love would really want more space for the computers :) of course! We don't know what the future will hold. We don't know how long this will last, but we are leaving it in God's hands and day by day we live our lives the best we can for Him.

In the meantime, we will continue to feed the squirrels right outside our window and give Meow-meow tons of entertainment! (It's fun for us too!) P.S. squirrels are very greedy, so try to get something squirrel proof if you want to just feed the birds.

all the food was gone in about a week.

Comments

Globetrotter said…
Wow, what an interesting life. How did you get into this living arrangement? Do you have another apartment as well? I'm glad to see you updated this site--I was starting to get worried it was symptomatic of something worse.... Lets all get together sometime. M would like to meet you all. God bless your home. :)

Popular Posts