Cruisin'

Our cruise in December 2006 was five days. It was lovely, but not as restful as it could have been. I was a little neurotic. They give you a schedule of activities you can do each day, and I was probably the only one on the ship highlighting everything we could do (several things a day!) So needless to say, I went a little "overboard"!

The first port - Key West, FL. Very beautiful (but only for the super rich to enjoy...)

Key West is known for its cats and roosters.

Why did the rooster cross the road?
To get to his family on the other side!Next port of call - Cozumel, Mexico.

It has become far too touristy for my taste. Years ago, you used to be able to walk two blocks in and it would be just the natives. But it's still a pretty place to chill out.


Last port of call: Belize City, Belize
Not what we expected. First things first: bordered by Mexico and Guatemala, it's the only country in Central America where English is the native language (although there is a patois/creole as well). A very poor place, but if you like to scuba, it has the largest barrier reef outside of the Great Barrier in Australia.

We decided to go on a jungle survival hike. It was very beautiful. I went belaying for the first time as well (I was terrified!) I got eaten alive by the mosquitoes. I think I still have some scars from them!


Overall, a nice trip. I would consider doing it again sometime.

Comments

Popular Posts